Old 18-07-2003, 11:46 PM
Michael Gerzog

Default Honey / Sugar fertilizer

(gal) wrote in message . com...
Hello,

I have seen a few people mentioning adding honey and sugar to the
water as a fertilizer.

NO!! Not as fertilizer for potted or mounted plants, but to soak new
bare root plants to revive them. I don't even do that, but it doesn't
seem to cause any trouble for those who do. You always rinse it off
after soaking the plants. If you use it as part of a regular watering
routine, you will do more good for fungus/bacteria/whatever in the
pots than you will do for the plant.

Is that effective? What is the recommended dilution ratio ? honey to
water?

I've seen everything from about 2 tbs (I don't know what this is in
grams, but it's about 30 ml fluid measure) to 1/2 cup (125 ml) per
gallon (3.75 l) of water, when used to soak bare root plants.

Michael