Old 21-07-2003, 07:52 PM
paghat

Default Squirrels in my oak tree

In article ,
(Bill Short) wrote:

I have a problem with squirrels in my oak tree once the acorns come
out. I don't mind the squirrels at all but they chew off the tips of
the branches then come down to the ground to get the acorns off of
them. It makes both the tree and the lawn look horrible. I don't
want to put the aluminum cone around the tree to stop them from
climbing. Does anyone know of any kind of repellant that will keep
them from climbing my tree?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

I'm afraid wrapping the trunk in slippery sheet metal is about it, but if
you attach it to be removable, you only need to have it there when the
acorns are attracting them. The nastiest repellant they'll ignore if
rewarded with acorns. Here's some restriction hints:

http://www.paghat.com/squirrelcontrol.html

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"