Old 21-07-2003, 10:04 PM
jammer

Default Squirrels in my oak tree

On 21 Jul 2003 09:28:46 -0700, (Bill Short) wrote:

I have a problem with squirrels in my oak tree once the acorns come
out. I don't mind the squirrels at all but they chew off the tips of
the branches then come down to the ground to get the acorns off of
them. It makes both the tree and the lawn look horrible. I don't
want to put the aluminum cone around the tree to stop them from
climbing. Does anyone know of any kind of repellant that will keep
them from climbing my tree?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

I have a problem with squirrals in my two oaks. I don't have enough of
them!! Acorns are the ultimate squirral food and they need to start
stashing food for this winter. If i didn't want them, i would cut down
the trees. If they chew your branches, which i have never seen, then
they must chew my branches too, and my trees look great, year after
year.

Hope you find a solution. If the trees are old, the squirrals have
probably been counting on those nuts for a long time. Maybe you could
wack the nuts out of the tree FOR them...