Old 22-07-2003, 05:10 AM
K30a

Default Leaches in pond???

EJ wrote They defiantly like humans!!! There were atleast 100 small leaches
attached
to my feet and lower legs.

Oh, dear!!!
Here is one way I've heard about to catch leeches in a pond.
Take two strawberry type baskets, the kind that berries come in at the grocery
store. Put in a piece of liver, attach the baskets to each other and you have a
trap which fish should not be able to get to.
Suspend the trap in the pond overnight and in the morning you should have lots
of leeches in the basket. Repeat.
Leeches lay eggs in the muddy bottom of the pond. You may have to keep
repeating the trap until all are caught of the new generation.
Or, depending on the size of the pond you may want to empty it and get any muck
out that is in there.
You orginally found them in the filter? Maybe, hopefully, they are confined in
there.
Let us know what happens!
I'm traveling tomorrow but I'll be anxious for updates.
Good luck!!!

k30a