Old 26-08-2003, 08:42 PM
NJ

Default Fall cleaning question

Karen,

You are really hoping for a cool front! I'm up here in Lorain County and
suffering in 90 degree heat with astronomical humidity and tropical dew
points. You're only about 45 minutes away from me, and I doubt we'll see 50
degrees anytime soon.

Hope I'm wrong!!

Anyway, get a net for your leaves...I use the black mesh "floating" net, but
pull it taut over my little pond and hold it with rocks. Draining and
cleaning a pond is asking for trouble; you will lose any balance you may
have as well as beneficial bacteria and side algal growth.

The rest of the ponders here will give you more complete advice,
undoubtedly.

NJ