Old 27-08-2003, 03:12 AM
RichToyBox

Default Fall cleaning question

"Karen Mullen" wrote in message
Everythings up and running again, but the pond smells awful and is very

green.
I want to drain and clean it, but being so late in the season, I'm not

sure
that's such a good idea. The hose water is very very cold and although it
currently is a balmy 80 degrees, tomorrow it could be 50.

If the pond smells, I would begin doing partial water changes, and be sure
to use the dechlor. Partial water changes of 10-30% are better for the pond
and the fish than complete water changes. Cleaning the bottom of the pond a
little at a time may be the only way to get it done with a shop vac, but a
little at a time will get the job done, and not nearly as likely to cause
problems.
--
RichToyBox