Old 29-08-2003, 02:04 AM
Karen Mullen

Default Fall cleaning question

In article CrU2b.269993$YN5.184468@sccrnsc01, "RichToyBox"
writes:

If the pond smells, I would begin doing partial water changes, and be sure
to use the dechlor. Partial water changes of 10-30% are better for the pond
and the fish than complete water changes. Cleaning the bottom of the pond a
little at a time may be the only way to get it done with a shop vac, but a
little at a time will get the job done, and not nearly as likely to cause
problems.
-

I drained the biofilter today, the water was black and smelly, cleaned all the
filter material off, them I pumped water into the tub with the drain open to
get the residue out, probably doing a 10 percent water change. Hope this
helps.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH