Old 31-08-2003, 02:12 PM
ddaquaria

Default pressurized or carbo plus??

in article , Iain Miller at
wrote on 8/27/03 6:19 AM:

"Josh" wrote in message
news
Ok, I have got everything but the Co2 system figured out. I cant decide

if
I should just get the JBJ kit (with reg, sol..) or get that Carbo Plus
system... anyone have any experience with the carbo plus? and good or bad
on the product... pros for either... cons for either and just your overall
suggustion as to which would be a better choice... thank you so much for
your time! - Josh
btw - the aquarium is a 55g, flourite mix, 130W light

I would also recommend gas, but I also know it is possible with a carbo plus
on a 55. I sold my 55 to a friend that invested in this and it works well.
I personally would not recommend it due to overall cost. The replacement
cartridge is expensive - in about 1 year you would have paid for a gas
system. With the carbo plus you need to watch your KH, it will be depleted
fast and your water will need some source of KH (like coral, limestone, or
dolomite in the filter)

big D
--
Remove the word ³REMOVE² to reply to me.

Check out my fish site @
http://homepage.mac.com/ddaquaria/ddaquaria/

Or just a whole lot of macro and other aquarium pictures @
http://homepage.mac.com/ddaquaria/