Old 31-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Severe Pruning Leylandii

"Janice" wrote in message
Yes, the neighbour has pruned my leylandii hedge, which I maintain to a
decent height (7 feet). I get the tree surgeons in annually to cut it,

and
I trim it myself a couple of times a year. The neighbour has cut the

hedge
on his side almost back to the bare trunk.

As long as it keeps growing on my side then fine, but I'll be mighty angry
if the hedge dies.

I would be surprised if the hedge dies. I am afraid your neighbour has shot
himself in the foot. He has nothing but ugly bare mangled growths to look
forward to. At least you will no longer have to clip the far side of your
hedge.

Franz

"martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:14:16 +0100, "Janice" wrote:

Heh, heh. No, in this instance it's my neighbour's side.

and is he pruning your leylandii?
--
Martin