Old 10-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Chet Hayes

Default Can I Use Scotts Lawn Pro Step 4 Lawn Fertilizer for Overseeding?

(Mike Thompson) wrote in message . com...
I'm about to overseed my lawn. It's also time to lay down Step 4. The
Scott's toll free hotline has told me that Step 4 can be put down as
the fertilizer at the same time as new seed and that it is not
necessary to use Starter fertilizer. Two different reps said the same
thing. My concern is that the fertilizer numbers are very different in
these two products.
Step 4 is 31-3-8
Scotts Starter Fertilizer is 20-27-5
Has anyone used Step 4 in conjunction with overseeding?
I want to trust what the Scott hotline says, but would like to hear
any other thoughts before I proceed. Many thanks!

I'd use starter fertilizer with the overseeding now. Then late
October do another light application of the fall fertilizer.