Old 21-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Roy

Default defense against squirrels and chipmunks

I have waged war on squirrels this year, and I am still inundated by
them. I talked to the game commision, and they said it was not a
problem to shoot them as long as they were causing damage and on my
property. I have 2 types of squirrels. The common gray and ther Fox
squirrels. I don;t fool with the fox, but this year alone I have shot
over 50 of the gray squirrels and there is still a heap of em out
there yet. Fortunately I live in the country, so shooting them is not
a problem as it may be in a populated area. I had trapped some for
awhile, but it was a never ending battle setting and unloading the
traps, and having to relocate the critters. The 50 I have shot do not
include the ones I carted away after catching them in live traps.

They come right in my hen houses and rob the eggs, eat through bags of
feed, and dig up the yard burying acorns. They clipped my gardens new
growth numerous times, and have all but destroyed most of the wild
bird nests. The have destroyed all my birdhouses, by enlarging the
entry holes, so they can fit inside. They are even eating their way
into my attic, by gnawing through the screen thats used to cover the
louvers in the gables.

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:27:48 GMT, "seepnezorf1"
wrote:

x-Aside from a cat and bb gun, is there anything I can put in my garden to
x-keep the chipmunks and squirrels from digging up my bulbs? I have a mixture
x-of Narcissus Jack Snipe and crocuses. I stayed away from tulips and lilies
x-as I read these are their favorites.
x-
x-thanks
x-

--
Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address
http://www.nospamfrugalmachinist.com

Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects.
Regards
Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye
Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever.
Remove nospam from email address