Old 03-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Eric the Red

Default Alligator saw - valid alternative to chainsaw ?

I asked a question about budget chainsaws and plus the searches through
newsgroups, the general opinion is don't do it they are too dangerous.

Are alligator saws a suitable alternative to a chainsaw ? I have a number of
Leylandii that need choping up and disposing off. Max trunk size just over
12".

The only alligator saw currently available for sale that I can find is the
DeWalt 390 and at just under £200 is more expensive than a budget chainsaw
but if it is much safer then it could be money well spent.

The alligator saw looks like it could have more uses later on.

Anyone got the DeWalt or can recommend/comment on a alligator saw.

Eric.