Old 04-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Eric the Red

Default Alligator saw - valid alternative to chainsaw ?

My reason for not wanting to cut up the trunks has nothing to do with
strength or age more to do with time.

As you say it would be possible to cut them up with a bow saw over a FEW
weekends. I do not really have that much time to spare as I have lots of
other jobs to do round the house before winter starts. Getting the trees all
cut up and disposed of in one day would be well worth the cost of the saw to
me.

Eric

"Mark B" wrote in message

I am no athlete, am 55+,
and am weak in the arms, but would have no difficulty in disposing
of half a dozen leylandii that size with one in a few weekends.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Well Eric, there's your answer.
Invite Nick over for the week-end!