Old 09-10-2003, 07:02 PM
animaux

Default Tree/bush with blue berries - what is it?

I wasn't able to see those details on a non-close up shot. When trying to have
things identified, it's always best to take photos of each segment, foliage,
flowers and berries or fruits. Large photos of the plant, out of focus...well,
not easy to identify.

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:34:19 -0400, "Neil" opined:

No, the leaves are more obviously serated on the edges, and the berries are
a bright blue.

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .

Looks like you may have a rare specimen. Rusty blackhaw viburnum. Have

it
identified by a botanical garden center. They are very hard to come by in

the
trade. I have been trying to get cuttings for years.

Take a look here to see if it matches your shrub/tree.

http://www.cnr.vt.edu/dendro/dendrol...vrufidulum.htm

Victoria