Old 14-10-2003, 10:42 PM
Gary

Default Blue Spruce browning, dropping interior needles..

(Marley1372) wrote in message ...
your trees are fine, they are shedding thier inner most needles like many
evergreens do in the fall. Your landscaper gave you horrible advice, as you
should keep watering them into november, especially the first year.

Toad

I concur - Your trees are probably just doing their normal fall thing.
I have several pine trees around my yard, and they drop their inner
needles every fall. The needle drop is heavier some years than it is
in other years - probably depending on moisture, how hot the summer
was, or other factors. When the needles are dry, you can rake them up
and put them in paper bags. Makes great kindling for fireplaces and
woodstoves, but don't use too much at once, as it makes a roaring fire
rather quickly! :-).
Gary