Old 16-10-2003, 02:12 AM
Phisherman

Default Which fertilizer for Fall lawn care???

If you recently seeded or will, use starter fertilizer. The starter
fertilizer will help the established grass through the winter months
as well. Your 1/4" of topsoil helps the grass too.

On 15 Oct 2003 08:12:34 -0700, (Chris
Farmer) wrote:

I am in the process of getting my lawn ready for winter and spring.

I plan to power rake the lawn to remove thatch,
Aerate with a rented machine
spread seed
and apply 1/4" or so of top soil

My question is which fertilizer is appropriate?

Winterizer or starter fertilizer for the seed?
The levels of nutrients vary greatly and I don't want to plant a bunch
of seed and use winterizer only have the seed suffer through a harsh
winter.

I live in MO, so we get into the single digits at times during winter.

Any advice would be appreicated