Old 16-10-2003, 01:42 PM
animaux

Default Which fertilizer for Fall lawn care???

Texas A&M University did an elaborate test to see which fertilizer outperformed
any other fertilizer. The formula which outperformed every other was a
certified organic fertilizer called LadyBug Brand. Now, you may not find that
in MO since it is made right here in Austin, TX, but slow release, organic
fertilizer outperforms regardless where the turf is. You may be able to find a
garden center which sells Sustane brand, and I do believe they too have an 8-2-4
ratio of elements.

Synthetic fertilizers like Scotts will indeed burn tender roots of newly planted
grass. Slow release, certified organic will not. You decide.

On 15 Oct 2003 08:12:34 -0700, (Chris Farmer)
opined:

I am in the process of getting my lawn ready for winter and spring.

I plan to power rake the lawn to remove thatch,
Aerate with a rented machine
spread seed
and apply 1/4" or so of top soil

My question is which fertilizer is appropriate?

Winterizer or starter fertilizer for the seed?
The levels of nutrients vary greatly and I don't want to plant a bunch
of seed and use winterizer only have the seed suffer through a harsh
winter.

I live in MO, so we get into the single digits at times during winter.

Any advice would be appreicated