Old 16-10-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

Default Which fertilizer for Fall lawn care???

Actually, Bradfield is a terrific fertilizer. I used to be able to have access
to it up in the Dallas are, but I haven't found it anywhere in Austin or
surrounding. Do you have a source in Austin?

I like it for a few reasons, but mainly for the material it's made of. There is
so much organic matter in it, that it serves as both fertilizer and almost as a
compost top dress.

What I've done is to buy alfalfa hay, and pellets from the tack and feed store
and I've been using it on very sunny areas of turf. It's moot now because all
of that turf is coming out in about a week. Less and less turf. I love that!

Victoria

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:54:49 -0500, J Kolenovsky opined:

An ORGANIC one.

These guys are out of Springfield, MO - http://www.bradfieldind.com/

JK

Chris Farmer wrote:

I am in the process of getting my lawn ready for winter and spring.

I plan to power rake the lawn to remove thatch,
Aerate with a rented machine
spread seed
and apply 1/4" or so of top soil

My question is which fertilizer is appropriate?

Winterizer or starter fertilizer for the seed?
The levels of nutrients vary greatly and I don't want to plant a bunch
of seed and use winterizer only have the seed suffer through a harsh
winter.

I live in MO, so we get into the single digits at times during winter.

Any advice would be appreicated