Old 17-10-2003, 02:22 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Which fertilizer for Fall lawn care???

On their website is a retailer dealer locator. Well, wouldn't you know
it? I just clicked it and its in repair. Seems like Lowe's was one of
the retailers. The Texas rep is Greg Phillips: Fort Worth, Texas Phone:
(817) 731-9141.

Less turf, more diversity. Yes!

JK

animaux wrote:
=

Actually, Bradfield is a terrific fertilizer. I used to be able to hav=

e access
to it up in the Dallas are, but I haven't found it anywhere in Austin o=

surrounding. Do you have a source in Austin?
=

I like it for a few reasons, but mainly for the material it's made of. =

There is
so much organic matter in it, that it serves as both fertilizer and alm=

ost as a
compost top dress.
=

What I've done is to buy alfalfa hay, and pellets from the tack and fee=

d store
and I've been using it on very sunny areas of turf. It's moot now beca=

use all
of that turf is coming out in about a week. Less and less turf. I lov=

e that!
=

Victoria
=

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:54:49 -0500, J Kolenovsky op=

ined:
=

An ORGANIC one.

These guys are out of Springfield, MO - http://www.bradfieldind.com/

JK

Chris Farmer wrote:

I am in the process of getting my lawn ready for winter and spring.

I plan to power rake the lawn to remove thatch,
Aerate with a rented machine
spread seed
and apply 1/4" or so of top soil

My question is which fertilizer is appropriate?

Winterizer or starter fertilizer for the seed?
The levels of nutrients vary greatly and I don't want to plant a bun=

ch
of seed and use winterizer only have the seed suffer through a harsh=

winter.

I live in MO, so we get into the single digits at times during winte=

r.

Any advice would be appreicated

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP