Old 22-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Getting rid of ground elder

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Cat
writes

How do you get rid of ground elder's network of tough roots to be able
to plant spring flowering bulbs in a bed? Can I use soemthing like
Roundup, and will it get rid of the roots? Must it be applied while
the ground elder has all its leaves (I rather zealously zipped them
all, so if it does, I will have to wait till they show up again...)
How long after a Roundup application can I plant the spring bulbs, and
how long more do I have to plant them in time to get flowers next
spring?

A bit demanding, I am... But an answer would be truly appreciated!

Thanks in advance to all the amateurs and experts!
Cat(h)

How disappointing ......... I thought the thread was referring to a
solution on "getting rid of ground elder"!

I don't think it matters what you douse the shoots or roots in, from
napalm to undiluted acid. The things will still rear their healthy heads
in the spring.

Glyphosate really did kill off a large colony of ground elder in my previous
garden.

Franz