Old 24-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Tomatoes and cold weather?

The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

Still frost free in coastal Suffolk - although it is turning colder.

(snip)
I wonder when the first frost will be?
Could we make it to mid-November (or even December) with fresh home grown
tomatoes?

Buy your tickets for the sweepstake here :-)

We've not yet had a frost at garden and sea level, though there was
snow on the mountains yesterday morning and the coldest wind so far.Last
weekend I went to collect seaweed on a pebble beach and found a tomato
plant growing there. It had one truss of small green fruit so I cut it
off and have it on the windowsill to see if they ripen.

Janet. (Isle of Arran)