Old 01-11-2003, 06:13 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Tomatoes and cold weather?

"Philip" wrote in message
.. .
There was no frost, and the outdoor plants are still flowering and

setting
fruit!
Now watching the 'ripening race' between picked and unpicked tomatoes

and
the unpicked seem to be winning.
So I will persevere with the outdoor plants until they get hit by a

frost.

Where do you live? Here in suburban Surrey we have had enough frost to

kill
the Pumpkin, all the Toms are badly frosted.

I wonder if we are in for a cold winter. The frosts seem to have started
earlier.

Sunny seaside Suffolk - the sea seems to buffer us from the colder weather,
it can be 4C colder or more 10 miles inland.

We do get frosts - just not as early or as often as other places.