Old 08-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default acer 'palmatum' loosing all its leaves

The message
from (Rodger Whitlock)
contains these words:

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:52:42 +0000, wrote:

I have 2 japanese maples both of wich are loosing all their leaves. Is
this ok or should i be worried and need to take some action.

Don't be silly. Of course, they lose their leaves in the fall!
They are deciduous trees native to the north temperate zone.

Affluent gardeners across the pond may discard old leaves like last
year's horticultural fashion accessory, but we in the north intemperate
zone say wisely to each other "waste not, want not" and "its never too
late to turn over an old leaf". One can easily re-attach fallen leaves
with a dod of superglue. A squirt of spray paint extends the "autumn
hues" display and swiftly converts it to "signs of spring" when one
tires of waiting.

Janet.