Old 16-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Sundar Narasimhan

Default acorns, acorns, acorns.. how to pickup/get rid of them

Hi, I have several oak and pine trees.. in and around my lawn (zone 5),
and am getting tired of picking up the acorns. I got a toro hand-held
blower/vacuum for the leaves.. but the lawn is a bit too big for it to
be of help, and besides it doesn't help w/ the acorns.

What's up w/ oaks these past two years, I must have shovelled several
(10+) trash barrels filled w/ these .. and yet they keep coming down.

Any suggestions?

ps. Is there a power sweeper or some such thing one can buy to pick
these up - I don't have a riding lawn mower.. so am wondering if theres
a machine that's push-behind that could possibly help.

Thanks in advance.