Old 16-11-2003, 01:42 AM
Roy

Default acorns, acorns, acorns.. how to pickup/get rid of them

The deer usually get a lot of mine, and what the deer don't get my
guinea fowl are eating. I never noticed them eating acorns before, but
they seem to love them. I have thinne dout my squirrel population down
to about "0" as far as grey squirrels go, but I do have quite a few
nice large Fox squirrels which are not nearly as pesky and nuisance
like a grey squirrel is.

Other than a rake with close tines, I can't say what would be the
easiest way to get them up. There are manually pushed lawn sweepers,
but how well they work or how hard it would be to push is anyones
guess, however from what I have read on other forums regarding fall
cleanup thesweepers do a good job and their only drawback is capacity
and being a bit slower than a vaccum type cart. I use a
chipper/shredder/vaccum trailer behind a L & G tractor which sucks
everything up and makes a nice fine mulch out of it all.

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:45:58 -0500, Sundar Narasimhan
wrote:

x-Hi, I have several oak and pine trees.. in and around my lawn (zone 5),
x-and am getting tired of picking up the acorns. I got a toro hand-held
x-blower/vacuum for the leaves.. but the lawn is a bit too big for it to
x-be of help, and besides it doesn't help w/ the acorns.
x-
x-What's up w/ oaks these past two years, I must have shovelled several
x-(10+) trash barrels filled w/ these .. and yet they keep coming down.
x-
x-Any suggestions?
x-
x-ps. Is there a power sweeper or some such thing one can buy to pick
x-these up - I don't have a riding lawn mower.. so am wondering if theres
x-a machine that's push-behind that could possibly help.
x-
x-Thanks in advance.

--
Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address
http://www.nospamfrugalmachinist.com

Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects.
Regards
Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye
Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever.
Remove nospam from email address