Old 21-12-2003, 02:02 AM
Peter Jason

Default How do I suppress the growth ot tree roots?

Thank you for the replies.
My house is in town and the city council is supposed to trench around the
house and put down a concrete barrier. They did this at the front of the
house, because it was evident that the veranda was lifting, but they will
not do it at the side (the house is on a corner) because there "is no
evidence of any damage"! When I explain about preventive maintenance they
say their budget doesn't cover this. I think I will try the copper nail
route because I can access the tree root(s) via a deep drill hole in the
footpath. I wonder how long it takes to work?

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
I want to stop the growth of tree roots under my house.

I hear that copper nails, hammered into the root in question, will do

this.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?