Old 08-01-2004, 06:32 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Lemon and Lime Seed - Help?

I have taken several citrus courses in the past month. I got hooked on
oranges. One of the courses said to take the citrus seed from the fruit
(fresh)(if you can't plant immediately, put in a plastic bag with some
moisture in the refrigerator and wait until you can) and plant in soil,
keep moist and warm at a minimum of 65 degrees F. Putting them in an
oven (an off oven ) with the door works. I planted:

1. Nu Clementine Mandarin. Bright orange flesh with a good taste on a
thin skinned tangerine.

2. Pong Koa Manadrin. A large fruit for a mandarin. The fruit is very
uniform in shape, size and color (a yellow-orange color) and has a
fairly thin peel. The fruit quality is outstanding-crisp, sweet, and
flavorful. It has a clear medium orange flesh, juicy, sweet and very
full flavored. Is cold hardy.

3. Changsha tangerine produces a brilliant orange, sweet, but acidic
fruit that is seedy. Ripens Oct - Jan and is highly freeze resistant.
Groes true from seed.

4. A mystery orange of Mexican descent

In 30 days, the Nu Clementine, Pong Koa and Changsha all germinated and
are in bright light in a window sill (about 2 1/2 -3 inches tall). They
are photosynthesizing and the leaves are getting bigger.

TANGERINE, MANDARIN, TANGELO, SATSUMA

Citrus are evergreen trees and shrubs, with glossy green leaves
year-round, and many also offer fragrant blooms. Plant them in an area
that receives at least =BD day of sun; citrus do not require full sun as
most other fruit trees do. The size of the trees varies depending on the
variety, from medium shrub to large tree. They do not need pollinators.
Pay close attention to the freeze tolerance of each variety, for freeze
tolerance varies. Citrus cannot tolerate standing water. =

Satsumas are a variety of tangerine. Buy early, mid and late season
varieties to have months of ripe fruit harvests. All Satsumas are cold
tolerant to at least 26 degrees and perhaps more. They grow in a weeping
posture and can become about 10' tall and 10' wide. =

http://www.celestialhabitats.com (I have 6 good citrus links on this
site)

chaz wrote:
=

I have some lemon and lime seeds. What kind of advice can you give me o=

starting them?
=

chaz-

-- =