Old 22-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Mike K

Default Shallow rooting but tallish plants required!

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:42:46 GMT, Janet Baraclough.. wrote:

Rugosa roses? They come in white, pink and red, single or double. You
can buy them cheaply in bulk from a hedging supplier. They are fast and
tough, their suckering habit makes them useful for screens though they
are not overly invasive. They enjoy salty windy coastal conditions and
are very resistant to disease and pests.

Thanks for that Janet. I grew a lot of them as a hedge in a previous house
and they were very resilient. I'm slightly concerned about root depth and
strength, but regaular trimming should keep them from getting too developed
I guess? Other concern is the thorns with young children about! ;-)

Thank you anyway for the suggestion, I shall definitely consider it.

--
Mikey K
Pembrokeshire, Wales