Old 20-04-2004, 06:07 PM
WullieD00

Default Help - I've got green slime in my lawn

Hi all, maybe someone can help? I've googled for similar threads in
the past but can't find anything so apologies if this is a regular
question.

I've just done the first cut of the year and there's a lot of green
slime in one part of the grass. It doesn't smell, is very slippery
and seems to be like a coating on the ground. I only noticed it
because it oozed up when the wheels of the mower passed or where my
feet had been. It covers an area of about 5m x 2m and is on a high
spot so I don't think that there's a drainage problem.

The grass was originally turf over sand when the house was built about
twelve years ago, has never been in particularly great condition, gets
a "feed and weed" dressing every other year and hasn't ever had green
slime before.

Anyone any idea what it is and how I get rid of it? If a picture
would help, let me know where to post it.

Thanks for any help,
Bill.