Old 22-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Help - I've got green slime in my lawn

"WullieD00" wrote in
:

Hi all, maybe someone can help? I've googled for similar threads in
the past but can't find anything so apologies if this is a regular
question.

I've just done the first cut of the year and there's a lot of green
slime in one part of the grass. It doesn't smell, is very slippery
and seems to be like a coating on the ground.

I'm just posting to say I don't believe this is an FAQ - in fact, I
don't think I've heard of it here before.

I wonder if it could possibly be slime moulds, as you say the area isn't
particularly badly drained? I have what I think is that in my lawn, but
it is grey rather than green.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/944790.stm - a rather unique and
interesting bunch of organisms.

I'm afraid I have no cures to suggest: I have not tried to get rid of them.

Victoria

-- gardening on a north-facing hill in South-East Cornwall --