Old 22-04-2004, 04:07 PM
Robert E A Harvey

Default Help - I've got green slime in my lawn

martin wrote:
"Pieces of slime mould, an amoeba-like organism, were enticed through
a 30-square-centimetre (five-square-inch) maze by the prospect of food
at the end of the puzzle."

Years ago, when working on the road, conversation in a small boarding house
turned to biology. One of the residents told a tale about slime mould,
describing them as barely alive and therefore difficult to kill. A man
behind me (the one with the unheated draughty bedroom) replied "I bet
spending 3 nights in this place would give them a hard time"