Old 05-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Rod

Default How can I drain this bog?

On Wed, 05 May 2004 12:51:52 +0100, Stan The Man
wrote:

I know it's been wet recently but for weeks water has been lying in
stagnant pools right across my lawn which is on clay soil. I don't know
how thick the clay cap is but I would like to put in some DIY mini bore
holes, maybe using perforated large bamboo canes, to take the surface
water down at least 2 metres. Anyone had any success with something
like this or any other workaround for bogs? I'm looking for a cheap and
cheerful solution if possible rather than a proper and expensive
soakaway. TIA.

Stan

Try to get a look at a surface geology map of your area. You should
get an idea of the depth of your clay. If like us you've got several
metres of boulder clay, then you've probably got the makings of a bog
garden or pond.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply