Old 10-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Katra

Default tomato leaves eaten....

In article
,
"SugarChile" wrote:

Probably tomatoe hornworm...
They can be VERY rapidly destructive!

Find the critter, kill it, then most of the leaves should grow back.

You can spray the plant with liquid sevin. It biodegrades.

K.

Please read up on Sevin before you use it. It does biodegrade, but it's
more complicated than that:
http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles...os/carbaryl-ex
t.html

http://www.pesticide.org/carbaryl1.pdf

http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/NewSc...yeaandmills.ht

Sue

Look, I know that pesticides are bad and work hard to develop my
biocontrol. Lizards, snakes, toads, spiders, assasin bugs and ladybird
beetles are all welcome in my garden and there are plenty of them.

But when it comes to rapid destruction by critters such as hornworms,
there is a time and a place for pesticides and sevin is the most benign
of them!

I try to hand pick them, but the little *******s are hard to spot!!!

And they do oh so much damage oh so quickly. :-(

Pans of beer work for slugs and snails. Dark Ale seems to attract far
more of them than cheap beer but that does not atttract hornworms. ;-)

I try, I really do, to stay as organic as possible, but sometimes it's
just not practical!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...