Old 11-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Brian

Default Does Frost Damage Kill Tomato Plants?

That they have sprouted indicates that at least one pair of axils had been
buried. Reduce the shoots to a single stem and if the weather is kind and
suitable you will not have lost much time.
They are cheap to replace so why not buy anew and retain the old ones out
of curiosity?
Regards Brian.
"kc" wrote in message
Hello All

My tomato plants were about 6" inches tall when about 10 days ago a frost
killed all their foliage down to the ground. I was ready to purchase new
plants, but noticed that the base of the frost-bitten plants are sending

up
new foliage.

Will these plants recover enough to bear fruit, or should I just replace
them with new plants? And even if they are able to recover, are they now

too
far behind? I'm assuming it will take them a while just to get back to the
6" height they were at before the frost.
.
Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Kenn