Old 11-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Beecrofter

Default Does Frost Damage Kill Tomato Plants?

"kc" wrote in message ...
Hello All

My tomato plants were about 6" inches tall when about 10 days ago a frost
killed all their foliage down to the ground. I was ready to purchase new
plants, but noticed that the base of the frost-bitten plants are sending up
new foliage.

Will these plants recover enough to bear fruit, or should I just replace
them with new plants? And even if they are able to recover, are they now too
far behind? I'm assuming it will take them a while just to get back to the
6" height they were at before the frost.
.
Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Kenn

Cover em at night with 5 gallon joint compound buckets and a rock if
you think it's gonna be below about 45°F
If you are still getting frosts and your season is real short you
might want to add a few new plants.
Remember to take the buckets off in the morning so they don't cook.