Old 16-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Chris_S

Default co2 reactor: Larger or multiple?

My system works perfect. I have a 250W Ebo heater in the AF-92 module. The
heater is 18 Inches long. Even with a new batch of CO2 the gas pocket at
the top of the heater compartment is never more than an 1 Inch. The rest of
the heater is still completely surrounded by water. Never been a problem.
My temp stays within +/- 0.25F all the time.

I am really amazed at how fast the CO2 can now diffuse into the water. It
is under the pressure of the tank water, and it seems to force the CO2 into
the water very rapidly. Most of the time there is only a very small pocket
of gas at the top.

I think using a trapped pocket of gas is the best way to diffuse CO2 by far.
100% of the gas goes into the water and there are never any bubbles released
into the tank. The trick is having the right place to create a pocket. The
AF-92 heater module is ideal.

Chris.

"Kris" wrote in message
Chris_S wrote:

- The way I am doing it now works super. I have one of the Lifegard

AF-92
heater modules. I inject the CO2 after the pump into the heater inlet

under
the tank. The CO2 builds up at the top of the heater chamber. The only
place for it to go is into the water. I get 100% diffusion. No lost

CO2 at
all, no bubbles ever in the tank. Even with DIY CO2 I can easily get

40PPM.
Highly recommended if you have such a heater.

Chris.

I tried something similar and got temp swings from the changing gas
level. have you experienced the same?

Kris