Old 25-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Frogleg

Default How to get rid of aphids on chives

Lissy wrote

I have a window box with my herbs in and lately I have noticed black
aphids on my chives (and a few on my coriander). There are so many on
my chives, that they are all turning yellow and dying. Can anyone
suggest a way to get rid of them, yet still making the chives OK to eat
???? I have read that soapy water will help - but I dont really want
to eat chives with detergent on them !!!!

You eat from dishes that have had soapy water on them.. :-) A spray
of soapy water is standard for aphid control. You can rinse the chives
when you use them.