Old 29-05-2004, 02:09 PM
doug houseman

Default Shell No-pest-strips

The active chemical in them was banned by the EPA back in the late
1980's/early 1990's. They were reformulated, but not as effective...so
Shell sold the rights....That company did not have the marketing muscle
to make it.

In article ,
Steve wrote:

Several years ago, I remember looking for them on the internet. I
don't remember why but I assume it had to do with orchids.
After searching, I reached the conclusion that Shell stopped making
them and another company took over the idea for a while then they
stopped too. I may have reached the wrong conclusion and I may even
be remembering wrong but I think they were no longer available when
I was looking.

Steve

Gene Schurg wrote:

Do they still make these?

In some of the old orchid magazines I've been reading they refer to these as
being a good way to control orchid pests in the greenhouse.

I haven't seen them in a long time but then I haven't been looking for them
either.

Good Growing,
Gene