Old 09-06-2004, 03:41 PM
simy1

Default Where to buy plastic sheeting for a greenhouse.

dps wrote in message ...

You want something like 6 mil UV stabilized plastic film. It comes in
widths up to 48 ft and lengths to 150 ft (maybe even larger). If it's
not UV stabilized it won't last more than a month or two after which you
will have small pieces of plastic littering your neighborhood.

Not true if you use it in the winter, starting Thanksgiving and
removing it by April 1 (what I do). As long as the sun is low on the
horizon, the UV index is minimal (the radiation has to cross more air
and gets absorbed more). In fact, in five years of tunneling I have
always used Home Depot paint film, some of it for two seasons running
without any break except when I drop chunks of ice on it. With a high
sun, yes, it goes fast.