Old 09-06-2004, 08:08 PM
John Bachman

Default Where to buy plastic sheeting for a greenhouse.

On 9 Jun 2004 13:30:52 GMT, Ignoramus26239
wrote:

In article , Hal wrote:
On 7 Jun 2004 17:14:31 GMT, Ignoramus2772
wrote:

The question is, where could I buy strong enough film for the
greenhouse.

http://store.yahoo.com/btgrowersupply/greenplas.html

You might want to do some more research and find other companies that
sell a UV resistant plastic. I don't recall what company I bought
mine from, but a Google search should bring up a few.

Another thing you need to plan for is to keep the plastic sheet from
contacting the PVC. The one I used wasn't compatible and the plastic
sheet degrades leaving the ribs poking through after a few years.
Don't recall how many years, but it would have lasted much longer had
there been no contact between the two. I wrapped the PVC with a
single layer of the plastic sheet, but that broke down first and soon
after the holes came. I didn't know about this problem when I bought
the plastic sheet, but found out when I read about it on a flier that
came in the box.

Regards,

Hal

Thanks for the tip. The plastic is going to be on the frame for about
2-3 months per year, as I am going to use the greenhouse to extend a
growing season, not to grow things in winter.

Take a look at this http://www.greenhouseinabag.com/

It is a complete kit, frame, fasteners, plastic and tie downs. I have
used mine to extend the season (spring and fall) and love it. Their
fastener system for the frame is excellant. Wish I could say the same
for the clips that are supposed to clamp the plastic to the frame but
they just fall off. Not needed, methinks.

John