Old 09-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Kel

Default Japanese Maple tree meets Round-Up weed killer

Hi all -

I made a pretty bad error the other day when I pulled an unlabeled
container from the garage that I thought contained a bug controlling
soap solution. Instead, I pulled the container with a Round-Up
solution in it and proceeded to "protect" my poor Jap. Maple tree.
I'm such an idiot and feel so bad about this...at least as bad as you
can feel for a tree.

It's not dead (many branches are, though), but new leaves are coming
in that appear to be mutated...much smaller than normal and
odd-shaped. Very strange looking.

Does anyone know if there's any chance of it returning to normal next
season? Or should I put it out of its misery and plant a new one?