Old 11-06-2004, 03:05 AM

Default Japanese Maple tree meets Round-Up weed killer

I've seen trees come back from round-up applications because it takes more
than application to kill large plants such as trees. But it can take awhile
for the tree to over come the damage, two to three years plus.

Favorites:
http://www.burpee.com
http://www.wrightgardens.com
http://www.gardencenterdirectory.com

"Kel" wrote in message
m...
Hi all -

I made a pretty bad error the other day when I pulled an unlabeled
container from the garage that I thought contained a bug controlling
soap solution. Instead, I pulled the container with a Round-Up
solution in it and proceeded to "protect" my poor Jap. Maple tree.
I'm such an idiot and feel so bad about this...at least as bad as you
can feel for a tree.

It's not dead (many branches are, though), but new leaves are coming
in that appear to be mutated...much smaller than normal and
odd-shaped. Very strange looking.

Does anyone know if there's any chance of it returning to normal next
season? Or should I put it out of its misery and plant a new one?