Old 07-07-2004, 02:02 AM
DXer

Default Collard greens-something is eating them

Yes I have marigolds around the garden and it might work to some degree, but
this problem is more severe I think then some marigolds are going to help.
I did some searching on cabbage loopers and found that Bt is very good at
getting rid of them. And it is non toxic to humans. I am trying to keep the
chemicals out of the garden and so far it has worked well except this year and
this problem.
So I think I will try the Bt and spray the collards and brocolli with it and
see what happens. Everything I have read is very positive about Bt.

Craig

Some people claim that marigolds planted around the perimeter of your
garden will attract japanese beetles and other chewing and sucking
insects away from your desirable plants. Personally, I've never had any
luck with this.