Old 10-07-2004, 09:02 AM
George

Default New Pond

"Lostin1999" wrote in message

"2pods" wrote in message
Well, it nearly killed me, but I now have a raised pond.
(apart from the disaster with the liner when the rocks holding the liner
fell in and holed it doh !)

It's rectangular, made from sleepers which are lined them 'cos they were
full of creosote.
However, we're about to top it off with some wood, but I'm at a loss at

how
to treat it.
Can't use creosote as we want fish, don't know about cuprinol ?

The top wood would never touch the water, but I'm worried about run off

from
rain, pond overflow etc

Peter

I used tanalised decking (pressure treated) so no problems with any of this,
also if you put it on with screws and do it properly you can take it off to
treat then put it back once dry

for pictures go to
http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...=/8a86&.src=ph

they show how far ive got, but its (as always) a work in progress..

HTH

Lost

Similar to mine:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/pond/pond.htm