Old 14-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Building a stone wall waterfall/pond

Ed and Mary Sturdivant wrote:
I have some green frogs in my 16X12 pond. I suspect my goldfish of eating
the small tadpoles. Would rosey reds be better to have in the pond from
the standpoint of mosquito control and leaving the tadpoles alone? Anyone
have any experience along these lines/ Thanks, Ed Sturdivant

Personally, I want the goldfish to eat some of them just to keep the
population down. They don't eat toad tadpoles and I literally have
thousands in my pond. You want a few frogs, not thousands. I don't
know how many frog tadpoles I have now but I'm certain there's some.
THere's lots of plants to hide in and I figure if fish eggs manage to
hatch into baby fish and grow up, so must some frogs.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu