Old 22-07-2004, 01:04 AM
redclay

Default What is the best way to kill ants?

Robert wrote in message

"Yakman" wrote in message
: I have a small 12' x 12' garden, mostly paving slabs, with a border all
: round. I have had a problem with many ants over the past few years. This
: year though there seems to be more than ever, coming from 5 or six
sources.
:
: What is the best way to kill the ants or reduce there number.

Boric acid mixed with sugar or honey at the rate of 1/2 teaspoon to one
ounce. Another good bait is ground pecans or walnuts mixed with boric acid
at the same rate. Ants do damage, they "raise" aphids both root and leaf.
They will get into fruit.