Old 22-07-2004, 01:04 AM
Martin Brown

Default What is the best way to kill ants?

In message , Yakman
writes
I have a small 12' x 12' garden, mostly paving slabs, with a border all
round. I have had a problem with many ants over the past few years. This
year though there seems to be more than ever, coming from 5 or six sources.

What is the best way to kill the ants or reduce there number.

Stamping on them will sometimes work. Ten with one blow etc.

Unless they are invading the house it is easier to live and let live.
Otherwise as you have already found the poisons available to
householders do little to discourage them.

I have tried Nippon and boiling water, but to no avail.

You are wasting your time entirely with boiling water. Some of the borax
based baits sometimes work, but it is only worth doing to eliminate a
colony that is invading the house or kitchen.

Even if you killed all the ants in your 12' x 12' space now new colonies
will re-appear in every suitable location when the queens fly later in
summer.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown