Old 22-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Sacha

Default What is the best way to kill ants?

On 22/7/04 9:10, in article , "newsb"
wrote:

In article , Douglas
writes

At one of the houses I lived in the little blighters used to swarm all over
the kitchen cupboards.
I tried everything but no luck. They would come and go at random. Something
to do with the season or the climate or an ant 'race' (culture)
development?. In the jungle I have seen Marching Ants but you get to hell
out of it, - but quick.
Doug.

When camping - and occasionally in a house - I've found that a line of
neat washing up liquid makes an effective barrier. Presumably, you need
a) a hard surface to put it on; b) no other points of entry; c) to renew
it fairly often.

D) to remember it's there so you don't break your neck slipping on it. ;-)
In one house I owned, it was impossible to get rid of all the ants - they
were in some kind of hollow in the wall of the kitchen and they returned
every year. Eventually, we just drew a line of Nippon or something similar
round certain exits and entrances and established some sort of territorial
rights for them and for me!
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)