Old 22-07-2004, 11:03 AM

Default What is the best way to kill ants?

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:50:42 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 22/7/04 9:10, in article , "newsb"
wrote:

In article , Douglas
writes

At one of the houses I lived in the little blighters used to swarm all over
the kitchen cupboards.
I tried everything but no luck. They would come and go at random. Something
to do with the season or the climate or an ant 'race' (culture)
development?. In the jungle I have seen Marching Ants but you get to hell
out of it, - but quick.
Doug.

When camping - and occasionally in a house - I've found that a line of
neat washing up liquid makes an effective barrier. Presumably, you need
a) a hard surface to put it on; b) no other points of entry; c) to renew
it fairly often.

D) to remember it's there so you don't break your neck slipping on it. ;-)
In one house I owned, it was impossible to get rid of all the ants - they
were in some kind of hollow in the wall of the kitchen and they returned
every year. Eventually, we just drew a line of Nippon or something similar
round certain exits and entrances and established some sort of territorial
rights for them and for me!

They use naphthalene flakes in OZ to deter ants.

It seems to work according to this
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...0073.Gb.r.html

There's no shortage of rain here
http://www.meteonet.nl/fotoverslag17072004.htm