Old 29-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Sally Thompson

Default Growing cherries from stones

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:51:11 -0500, "Dwayne" wrote:

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
Having just finished a yummy bag of cherries, I wondered if it would
be possible to grow a cherry tree (or two) from the stones. Has
anyone tried this with success? We have an unheated greenhouse, if
that helps.

Just lay them in your compost pile and cover them up with compost. Next
year some should come up as trees and you transplant them in the spring.
They will probably not be the same cherries as you bought, but they will be
edible.

OK, thanks Dwayne. I hadn't thought of putting them in the compost
heap. Won't it get too hot?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Reply To address is spam trap